About the role
Join Auckland Airport as it implements its 30 year vision to build the airport of the future, a thriving hub for travel and business that will deliver better and faster passenger journeys, and a more intuitive and relaxing experience within terminals.
In this newly created Legal Counsel role, you will report to a highly accomplished Senior Legal Counsel and be part of a well-regarded inhouse team that partners with commercially savvy stakeholders to deliver pragmatic legal advice.
While you’ll work across all departments in this fast-paced business, you’ll primarily support the business technology, aero operations and corporate functions. In this diverse role, you’ll review and negotiate commercial contracts, advise on applicable laws and regulations, resolve disputes, maintain precedents and manage external legal service providers.
What we’re looking for
- Admitted to practice in NZ with 3 to 6 years’ PQE in a leading law firm or inhouse.
- Experienced dealing with a wide range of commercial contracts, and ideally also with some exposure to technology, privacy/data protection and/or corporate law.
- Capable of working autonomously to deliver results and enjoys being part of a high performing team.
- Proactive, authentic and approachable, with the ability to build relationships with people at all levels.
- Solutions-focused with strong communication skills, adept at highlighting issues and articulating risks.
About the company
Since 1966, Auckland Airport has connected Auckland to New Zealand, and New Zealand to the world. It is the third busiest international airport in Australasia, with 20.5 million passengers having travelled through its terminals in the last 12 months.
It is a hub of economic growth, home to hundreds of local and global businesses, where 15,000 people work every day, and around $15 billion worth of freight passing through the airport every year. The wider airport precinct features a world-class business park, commercial office buildings, transport and logistic warehouses, hotels and leisure and recreational facilities.
How do I apply?
Applications close on Tuesday 18 June 2019.
Click on “Apply Now”. Alternatively, contact us directly and quote reference number 846623.
Enjel Phoon BA LLB
027 232 1044 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Kathryn Cross BMus LLB
027 700 8049 | email@example.com
At Artemis Executive Recruitment, we connect remarkable people with great places to work.