ASB Legal Counsel - Commercial Contracts
- Based at ASB's state of the art head office on Auckland's waterfront
- 5-10 years relevant post qualification experience
We have an opportunity for a contracts lawyer, with experience or a keen interest in technology and innovation, to join our supportive and high performing in-house legal team.
This is a varied role where you will be collaborating with a broad range of internal clients to provide legal support for technology projects, digital initiatives, licensing arrangements, outsourcing, strategic relationships and sponsorship contracts. You also be will be advising our innovation teams on their ideas and inventions.
- Provide sound, timely and effective legal advice to a broad range of internal clients.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with internal clients and other stake-holders.
- Liaise with external lawyers and other advisers.
- Collaborate with other ASB legal team-members to share knowledge, skills and expertise.
- Help achieve business and strategic objectives by negotiating and drafting commercial contracts, and advising on technology and innovation projects.
You will need to be a lateral thinker who enjoys working in a collaborative way, comfortable thinking on your feet, and enjoy working in a fast paced environment. You will need to be able to develop and build strong relationships. You must hold, or be eligible to hold, a practising certificate as a lawyer in New Zealand and have approximately 5-10 years relevant private practice or in-house experience.
Add to the mix a range of staff banking benefits including discounted mortgage rates, banking and insurance discounts, you'll be joining a group of people who love what they do and the organisation they work for. This is an ideal opportunity to be part of a supportive team and gain high quality experience at one of New Zealand's most reputable financial services organisations.
We are an organisation that truly embraces diversity and inclusion, and believe that plays a key role in achieving our vision of being an unbeatable team delivering unbeatable customer experiences. As part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we cultivate a flexible and supportive work environment that meets the needs of our people and our business.
For further information submit an online application today.https://careers.asbgroup.co.nz/jobdetails/source/ASB/ajid/yWPcp/Legal-Counsel-–-Commercial-Contracts,AS135678.html